Saturday, December 10, 2011

Does Eating Too Guarded Causing Eating Disorders?

    According to new research the promotion of healthy eating to fight obesity can drive some teenagers into eating disorders.

    Also many adult women and men admit that the extremes of trying to eat healthy lead them into abnormal eating behavior and then to fully developed eating disorders.

    So the question is how healthy for you is a "healthy eating plan" and diet?

    From one point of view, it is good to make healthy choices when you eat and it does not help fight obesity. But on the other hand there are people who are so obsessed with their eating habits so that it becomes normal and completely out of control.
    Does Eating Too Guarded Causing Eating Disorders?

    Most people with eating disorders say that their disorder started from a simple diet and trying to eat healthy. They also say that they get very emotional about their diet, body weight and food.

    For example here is the testimony of a 24-year-old woman who had suffered from bulimia for 10 years: "It was very painful for me to hear people calling me fat and I started dieting when I lost some weight people started praising. me for the way I look and it felt so nice that I just want to keep a diet and lose weight more and more ... I really lose weight associated with major awards and personal achievements, so I think the more I do it well I will be And I pushed myself into a very strict regiment of diet and exercise ..

    Every week I reduced caloric intake and increasing exercise time. Sometimes I get very hungry and felt jealous towards people who can eat whatever they want. I started dreaming about food - from what I would eat if I could.

    Once I cheated and ate more food then I plan to do so. I feel disgusted with myself. Then I went to the loo and make myself sick. It gives me instant relief I am feeling tense.

    The next day I repeated again, and again makes me feel better. I think I found a new way to eat whatever I want and at the same time staying slim. I think it is my own invention but it was not and that is how my bulimia was born ... "

    This is a typical story from the beginning of anorexia-bulimia. So the question is these people have developed an eating disorder without initially on a diet "healthy" and the regiment of extreme sports? Probably not!

    The conclusion is fair to say that eating healthy still should be a major part of overall health education in schools and in public education.

    But teaching about balance regarding the eating habits of society may be far more important than eating only healthy at all costs. Teaching balance is crucial to any health program if you want to stop the spread of eating disorders.

Post Title

Does Eating Too Guarded Causing Eating Disorders?


Post URL

http://girlpoliticized.blogspot.com/2011/12/does-eating-too-guarded-causing-eating.html


Visit girlpoliticized for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive